WATSAN meets with Sanitation Sector to present new Regulations
With over 30 professionals attending, ranging from plumbers, drainlayers, contractors, builders and wastewater system designers and installers the meeting provided a solid platform for discussion on the new framework and processes as well as introduced the Sanitation Warrant of Fitness.
The partnership between the Ministry of Health and Infrastructure provides for better understanding of the relevant regulations, standards and code in turn providing better communication and transparent processes across all regulatory stakeholders.
What this means for sanitation professionals (wastewater system designers, drainlayers, wastewater treatment system (WWTS) installers, servicers and suppliers) is:
- Requirement for more detail in designs and wastewater reports
- Compliance with the regulations and standards
- Adoption of best practice standards for:
- Preparation of WWTS design
- Installation and construction of WWTS
- Operations and Maintenance
- Informed communication with relevant stakeholders.
The new regulations are downloadable at www.watsan.gov.ck/sanitation.